Kids Thrive Here
At Scott & White Healthcare, we believe in childhood. And for more than 100 years, we have been committed to making sure every child in Central Texas can live it to the fullest—from birth to young adulthood.
That is why we offer McLane Children’s Hospital in Temple with state-of-the-art facilities and highly skilled practitioners in 40 pediatric specialties, including hematology/oncology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, and cardiology. It’s why we offer family-centered care that puts you and your family at the heart of your child’s healthcare team. And it is why we do everything possible to make sure your child always feels comfortable, cared for, and safe.
At McLane Children’s, we help your child focus on what is most important—being a kid.
View our hospital fact sheet.
Every element supports your child and family
Children are amazing, but they are not mini-adults. McLane Children’s looks and feels different from the moment you walk in the door. We haven’t just dressed up an adult hospital with bright colors—we have designed a facility specifically for children.
Here's some of the highlights:
- The Child Life Program, our holistic approach to the emotional, developmental, and educational needs of your young patient
- Large rooms to accommodate strollers and siblings
- Social workers, psychologists, and even teachers ready to help every member of your family to understand what is happening, along with specialists to help address financial concerns
- Chaplains and social workers eager to support your family
- Playrooms for children of all ages, where doctors are not permitted
- A quiet place for you to relax, rest, or even do laundry
We have a simple belief: the more we are able to support your family, the more your family can support your sick child, so we take care of your whole family—including parents, siblings, and other family members.
Would you like to learn more? Check out our online Visitor’s Guide.
Comprehensive care in all pediatric specialties
With an expanded range of pediatric specialty services, you will find the care your child needs, including:
- Highly skilled practitioners in 40 pediatric specialties
- Experts to treat every patient, from the smallest preemies to young adults, in all areas from emergency medicine to chronic care
- Pediatric intensive care facility and Emergency Department that are equipped to deal with almost any type of care your child needs
- World-class equipment, including a new state-of-the-art computerized tomography (CT) scanner that emits the lowest effective level of radiation, reducing risk to smaller bodies, making scan times faster, and requiring less sedation
Preparing the next generation of Texas physicians
We are committed to making dreams come true for your child’s future—and for the next generation of pediatric experts.
McLane Children’s is proud to be the primary academic setting for the Department of Pediatrics at Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine. As the principal teaching facility for the pediatric residency program, we train young doctors in anesthesia, radiology, and general surgery. This connection also keeps us linked to the fertile research now under way to find cures for many childhood diseases.
Scott & White Healthcare is proud to bring quality care to your child, right in your own backyard. Please let us know how we can improve the care we offer your child.