Ways to refer or admit a patient
McLane Children’s is staffed by specially trained physicians and surgeons in 40 pediatric specialties, nurses and allied health professionals. With leading-edge technology, equipment and accommodations designed especially for children, McLane Children's is committed to assuring the best possible outcome for each child entrusted to our care.
From emergency medicine to chronic care, we offer expert care for all your pediatric patients, from the smallest preemie to young adults.
McLane Children's offers:
- 112 inpatient beds: 48 private medical/surgical rooms and 16 private Pediatric ICU rooms at McLane Children’s Hospital and 48 Neonatal ICU beds at Scott & White Hospital – Temple
- 24-hour pediatric emergency department, including two trauma bays
- Pediatric surgery with 4 advanced surgical suites and a three-room procedure suite
- Imaging/radiology services, including a 128-slice Flash CT scanner
- ECMO therapy for cardiac and respiratory support
- VienViewer® technology to view veins and arteries beneath the skin
- Comprehensive laboratory services
- Pediatric residency training program
- Medical research programs
- Child Life Department
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
Main Phone: 254-724-KIDS (5437)
Outpatient Referral Line: 254-724-2218, ext. 3
Inpatient Transfer/Physician Line: 254-935-KIDS (5437)
Clinic Referral Fax: 877-724-7560.
Visiting Subspecialist Schedules
To make it more convenient for your patients, many of our subspecialists visit our regional clinics. Their schedules are updated frequently, so check back often.
College Station Schedule
College Station Cardiology (McLane Children's & Texas Children's Hospital)
Killeen (Hemingway) Schedule
Round Rock Schedule
San Marcos Schedule
Patient medical information
To obtain medical information about a pediatric patient who has been referred to Scott & White Healthcare by your office, call:
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.: 254-724-2252
After hours and weekends: 254-724-2270