Care for your child, care for you
When your child needs medical help, McLane Children’s Hospital Scott & White is the right place to be. Everyone here cares as passionately about getting your child well as you do. And we deliver the most comprehensive pediatric specialty care in Central Texas.
We go well beyond treating your child—we care for your entire family. Decades of experience have taught us that the more we support your family, the more your family can help your sick child.
Services and facilities to support families
We have planned carefully to make sure you have the right support:
- A place to sleep overnight in your child’s room
- Two playrooms for patients and their siblings—spaces that are off-limits to physicians
- Staff eager to help with your financial, psychological, and educational needs
- Learn how we're continuously improving your child's care through the Patient Centered Medical Home approach
- Courtesy Wi-Fi service available.
- A chapel and chaplain to support your spiritual needs
- Ronald McDonald House and a Ronald McDonald Room to house families traveling longer distances
- A Gift Shop with child-friendly activities and gifts
- Convenient ways to request an appointment or refill a prescription
- Text Appointment Reminders so you can keep track of all your children's appointments.
- An Interactive TV System called Skylight that allows you to use your in-room TV to access information and entertainment.
- CarePages, an online resource where you can create personalized Websites to keep family and friends up-to-date on your child’s progress
- The Bud E. Bear Pre-Operative Education Program helps prepare children for an upcoming day surgery.
- The Emmi Solutions program, which takes you through your surgery, step by step.
- A Family Resource Center where you can access the Internet and a librarian to connect you with health information resources.
- To help comfort your child, rocking chairs are available on a first-come basis. Just ask us and we will move one to your room.
Please check out our online Visitor’s Guide to learn more.
Need anything? Just ask.
It can be very scary when your child is sick. So whether you are here for an appointment, testing, surgery, or an extended stay, we want you to be comfortable. If there is anything you need, just ask.
We are here to help.