Deep in the Heart of Texas CD
More than a dozen popular Texas country artists came together recently, along with Texas football idols Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley, to sing their favorite childhood songs for a new generation and to benefit the future of pediatric healthcare at McLane Children’s Scott & White.
The “Deep in the Heart, Big Songs for Little Texans Everywhere” was recently released, featuring great talents like Pat Green, Stoney LaRue, Randy Rogers Band, Aaron Watson, “Asleep at the Wheel” legend Ray Benson, Reckless Kelly, Jack Ingram, and more!
First of its kind Children's CD
The first of its kind as far as children’s music is concerned, CD tracks can be previewed and purchased online at the Deep in The Heart CDs website or on iTunes, where it was listed as the #1 Children's Album the week it was released.
The track and recording artist listing is featured below. To preview each song, visit the “Deep in the Heart” website or Facebook page.
- I’ve Been Workin’ On the Railroad (Reckless Kelly)
- Big Rock Candy Mountain (Pat Green)
- Oh Susannah (Stoney LaRue)
- This Little Light of Mine (Cory Morrow)
- Riding In the Car (Ray Benson and Asleep at the Wheel)
- Blue Skies (Aaron Watson feat. Elizabeth McQueen)
- Buffalo Gals (Walt & Tina Wilkins)
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me (Cody Canada, feat. Dierks Canada)
- Don’t You Just Know It (Bonnie Bishop & Ray Benson)
- You Are My Sunshine (Jack Ingram)
- This Land Is Your Land (Jason Boland)
- Keep On the Sunny Side of Life (Fred Andrews feat. Jess Klein)
- She’ll Be Comin’ ‘Round the Mountain (Josh Abbott)
- Mister Sun (Randy Rogers Band)
- I’ll Fly Away (Drew Womack, feat. Jordan and Sunny Shipley)
- Rainbow Connection (Charla Corn)
- Deep in the Heart of Texas (Colt McCoy and Friends)
Behind the Music
Deep in the Heart Founders and co-producers, Brett Danaher and Clayton Corn, chose McLane Children’s Scott & White to be the beneficiary of this music project and receive all proceeds from CD sales. It was Colt McCoy’s participation that drew the artists and producers to McLane Children’s Hospital Scott & White. Corn says, “In keeping with the Texas theme, we thought it would be a wonderful fit and the perfect choice for a local hospital to be the beneficiary of this project.” Listen to a special message about the CD project from Colt McCoy
Just prior to the CDs launch, "Asleep at the Wheel” legend, Ray Benson, performed songs for pediatric patients at McLane Children's Hospital after a press conference announcing the upcoming release. Many of the artists also performed in a benefit concert for the CD’s release. To read more, visit the McLane Children’s blog, “THRIVE!”
Preview or Purchase
To preview or purchased online, visit the "Deep in The Heart" website or iTunes and search "Deep in the Heart Children's CD."