Healthcare like no other for more than 100 years
When Arthur C. Scott, MD, and Raleigh R. White, Jr., MD, began their medical practice in Temple, Texas, in 1897, they shared one fundamental conviction: medicine must serve the people.
Today, Scott & White Healthcare is a fully integrated nonprofit collaborative health system with 12 hospitals or hospital partners, two nursing homes/skilled nursing facilities, and more than 60 clinics providing care to residents in a 29,000-square-mile service area across Central Texas. Scott & White is recognized as the largest multispecialty practice in Texas and one of the nation’s largest multispecialty group practice systems.
Scott & White has more than 13,000 employees and employs 900 physicians and scientists, and it is the primary clinical teaching facility for approximately 400 medical residents and fellows in training at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine.
In addition, the Scott & White Health Plan serves more than 180,000 members and is one of the highest rated plans in the nation, consistently recognized for member satisfaction.
We take this same approach to excellence at the Children’s Hospital at Scott & White, ensuring kids thrive here.
Unmatched commitment to patients and families
Scott & White is unique among medical providers in its focus on patient care at every level:
- Scott & White is led and managed by physicians who place patient- and family-centered care above all else. Because our physicians are part of a multidisciplinary group practice, they share a tradition of caring for patients with complex illnesses, combining their expertise in a wide range of medical disciplines to determine the most effective treatments.
- Scott & White Hospital - Temple is the only Level I Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin.
- We have invested heavily in research—with more than 40,000 square feet of bench research space—a commitment that ensures our patients access to the latest treatment protocols and clinical trials.
- Scott & White is a partner in Texas’s first Health and Bioscience District, which includes high school and college students’ training programs in the fields of health and science.
We are one of the country’s largest multispecialty group practice systems, and you can rely on us for the most personalized, most comprehensive, and highest quality healthcare.
National reputation for excellence
Committed to patient care, education, and research, Scott & White has earned a reputation for excellence in cancer, orthopedics, neuroscience, pediatrics, and cardiovascular care. Our dedicated physicians have built a nationally acclaimed healthcare organization recognized by magazines including U.S. News & World Report and Newsweek.
Other recent recognitions include:
- 2010–2011 Consumer Choice Award by National Research Corporation (seventh consecutive year)
- 2011 Top 100 Most Integrated Health Networks (IHN) by SDI, a healthcare market insight and analytics firm that evaluates IHNs on their performance and degree of integration
- Approval with Commendation Teaching Hospital Cancer Program by American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer